Pokemon Pyrite is a Pokemon Crystal hack. After being so successful in selling millions of the first Pokemon games of Generation I like Red/Blue/Green/Yellow, Nintendo continued to create the next generation with Pokemon Crystal. Yup, it was the third and final version of the Generation II Trinity – Gold, Silver, Crystal. Various fixes, many different improvements were added… including the option to play as a girl.
So, what do we have with Pokemon Pyrite?
- The adventure of the Generation II Pokemon games are more challenging, more difficult.
- The author selected carefully about the number of Pokemon, all types of Pokemon events, all wild trainers with their parties. He did the same things with the items in PokeMarts, the TMs.
- Many mechanical changes like: the EXP bar is longer, the level of wild Pokemon and wild trainers are higher, cannot use healing items in battles, the EV system, no badge boosts, the AI was improved, etc.
- There are some balances of learnsets, evolution levels, base experience, growth rates, catch rates, held items. The usefulness and strength of each Pokemon are also different.
- Some more side-quests and additional events are adjusted. These places are usually located in Kanto.