Pokemon Fire Red 251+: In a Pokemon world like this, some of us want to have a good game with many improvements like adding some more Pokemon – changing every old things to new things with new elements and improvements, and some are not. They just want to improve their favorite game a little bit, not too much like the famous hacks. And Pokemon FireRed 251+ is a Pokemon hack like that: not too much, just a little bit enough to satisfy players while maintain the old tradition.
So, what is its storyline? Like mentioned above, this game holds the basic and traditional values of the famous Pokemon FireRed game. Again, Red will go out for his own Pokemon adventure in Kanto Region. He will do everything he can to become the Pokemon Champion like he always want: capture Pokemon and fill in the Pokedex – battle with stronger opponents to have more experience – get all the gym badges and defeat the Kanto League to get the Champion title.
And the Kanto Region in this game is completely unchanged. No item handouts, no swapping of anything, no script changes, no level curve change. Other improvements are described below.
- You can run inside many buildings now.
- The Pokemon sprites from other Pokemon games are used to replace the old ones in this game.
- The font comes from Diamond/Pearl.
- No need to have the National Dex since your Region Dex is unlocked with many functions.
- The repel system from Pokemon Black 2/White 2.
- You can catch Kanto Pokemon in this Kanto Region and Johto Pokemon on the Sevii Islands.
- Every wild Pokemon will hold at least one item.
- The movesets and TMs are now updated to the Gen V.
- A small note: you can go back to Mt. Moon from Cerulean City.