Pokemon Altair is a hack made from Pokemon Emerald. Well, the author of this hack is a Japanese so its language is Japanese in origin. Its last patch was in 2011, and an English patch was made in June 18, 2014 (just a fan-made one).
At first, there is one impression for those who playing this game: it is a VERY HARD Pokemon game. Right from the beginning, you can catch the Pokemon whose levels are lower than you from 5-10. After that, you have to train them and battle with wild trainers and Gym Leaders. Like I have mentioned above, you cannot hope to beat them easily. Good game! Gym leaders in Pokemon Altair is upgraded a lot compared to normal wild trainers.
Let’s list some of the highlighted features below:
- The author has created and customized sprites for himself. The mapping is done with some new areas.
- New regions for exploring and searching.
- New attacks for your Pokemon.
- The soundtracks are well-composed. This is the premise of Pokemon Vega (also another product of this author, talk about it later).
- If you get bored with normal Pokemon, choose Fakemon instead. This author has created some Fakemon, check it out and it could be very interesting.